FUNDING CLOSED – Thank you to everyone who applied.
We are delighted to announce we’re now accepting applications for ‘Get Into Summer’ grants of up to £100 – offered in partnership with The City of Edinburgh Council with Scottish Government funding.
These funds are part of an initiative to help children, young people and families have fun throughout the holiday period and the transition back to school and are to support those who have been particularly affected by the pandemic to make the most of their summer and connect with others.
Aims of the funding
This funding is to specifically:
- Support children and young people’s wellbeing after a year of disrupted school, nursery and informal learning and periods of isolation from friends
- Build on existing provision and good practice, and promote innovation
- Ensure young people’s views shape and inform the programme of activities
- Remove barriers and ensure participation of target groups
Eligibility Criteria and Information
Please note the funding is for children, young people and families
- We will accept applications from b oth third and statutory sector organisations, including NHS Health Visitors
- Eligible families are those in need, with at least one child under child/ young person under 25 years.
- The family must reside within the City of Edinburgh Council administration area.
- A grant will be limited to a maximum of one application of up to £100 per family/household.
- Eligible application items include:
– Trips to attractions e.g. Zoo, East Links Farm, Deep Sea World, etc.
– Swimming, Tenpin bowling, Cinema, etc
– Subscriptions to Brownies, Guides, Cub Scouts, recreational activities etc.
– Membership/outings to football clubs, hockey clubs, athletics, tennis etc.
– Online activities for children
– Toys e.g. scooter
– Other resources or passes for children, young people and their families might be considered
- Applications can include food and travel costs.
- If a family has had an ELTF grant within the last 12 months they are still eligible to apply to the Get into Summer Fund.
Applications will be made using our existing online ELTF General Fund application form
Please make sure to put ‘Get into Summer’ in the grant details purpose field of your application.
Sales receipts are required to evidence that the grant has been spent as intended on the item(s) required. They should be returned to the ELTF Administrator within four weeks of the grant being issued.
Applications will be processed w/c 9 August 2021.
The funding available is limited. If the funding is oversubscribed the ELTF will not be in a position to honour any outstanding ‘Get into Summer’ applications.